Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Cilantro Lime Chicken

I'm so glad it's sunny today! After the recent chill, I'm in the mood for spring foods. And lime and cilantro speaks spring to me. To get really full of spring, I'd use lamb chops for this. But my husband doesn't care for lamb, so chicken it is! And the side portion of this is really good stirred into rice. (I'm out of rice right now, but I recommend it!)

Cilantro Lime Chicken

4 chicken breasts
6 tbsp, divided, Persian Lime Oil
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small nub ginger, finely shredded
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 can pigeon peas
1 large zucchini, chopped
1 lime, for garnish
1 tsp Salt Free Spice Blend

In a large pan heat 4 tbsp of the oil to medium high. Add the chicken breasts and sprinkle with the Basik's seasoning blend. Cook, about 7 minutes each side. Before you flip, add about half of the cilantro. Reduce the heat if they are getting too browned.

Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tbsp of the Lime oil in a medium pan to medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger and the onions and cook, stirring occasionally until the onion is translucent, about 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low and add the zucchini and pigeon peas. Add in the other half of the cilantro and stir to combine. Simmer the zucchini and peas until the zucchini is tender.

Serve with a squeeze of lime juice.




No comments:

Post a Comment