Monday, November 4, 2013

White Pizza with Broccoli and Tomatoes

Happy Birthday to my mom and to my husband! Both of them have birthday's this week and they both like white pizza... So this one is for you guys!

This started with a big ball of store bought dough. Feel free to make your own, but right now I don't have a go-to dough recipe of my own. Well, I have one I really like, but I never plan my meals ahead and waiting for dough to rise is just torture! I even think the pizza dough in the pop-can is pretty good. Don't tell anyone though. I just love a fast meal.

White Pizza with Broccoli and Tomatoes

1 ball pizza dough, enough for one pizza
2 cups chopped broccoli
3/4 - 1 cup ricotta cheese
2-3 plum tomatoes
4 tbsp Sun-dried Tomato Parmesan Garlic Olive Oil
     plus a little more for serving
1 large ball fresh mozzarella, 3-4 inches diameter

Heat your oven to 450 degrees.

Bring the dough to room temperature. Stretch out the dough gently on a baking stone or a greased baking sheet. Make sure not to over work it, or it will get clumpy and stringy. If you get any tears, continue working the dough until you get the right size and then go back and pinch the tears together. Drizzle, spoon or brush the olive oil over the entire surface of the dough, going all the way to the edges.

Spread the ricotta cheese and broccoli in an even layer across the dough. Slice the tomatoes in a medium slice and sprinkle around. Slice the mozzarella into thin slices and distribute around. Make sure not to get the cheeses too close to the edges, stay back about 1/4 inch on all sides.

Bake for 10-12 minutes. Until the cheese and crust start to brown and everything is all bubbly.

Sprinkle with a little more olive oil and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment