Sunday, February 5, 2017

Crisp Roasted Asparagus

This is a two part recipe. I made this as part of a Valentine's meal, but wanted the Asparagus to have its own post.

I really love crispy asparagus, so I make these quite often. You can use almost any oil and salt that you have on hand. The Rosemary oil I used here is a tie into the chicken recipe that will post tomorrow.

Happy early Valentine's Day!



Crispy Asparagus

1 bunch asparagus
1 tbsp Rosemary Olive Oil
Sea salt, to taste

Heat the oven to 400°F.

Cut off the woody ends of the asparagus and lay the spears in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle the oil over top and turn to coat. Sprinkle with the sea salt.


Roast for 18-20 minutes until lightly browned. If you like them crispy like I do however, at about 15 minutes, give them a flip, and continue roasting about 10-15 minutes more. I like them almost burnt and crunchy. But I know not everyone does, so watch them carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment