Monday, May 15, 2017

Spring Pea Pasta

I set out to make Lemon Pesto Pasta the other night. I cook the pasta and reach for the pesto, only to find that I was completely out! Oops. Happily, I think on my feet in the kitchen and grabbed a leftover piece of grilled chicken and some Parmesan. I had a bag of fresh peas in there too, waiting for something else, so I re-purposed them. I don't miss the pesto one bit.

Spring Pea Pasta

1pkg Lemon Pasta
1 grilled chicken breast, chopped or shredded
8oz fresh spring peas
1/4 cup pasta water
1 tsp butter
dash of black pepper
2-3 tbsp fresh grated Parmesan
1/4 cup Olive-N-Grape Parsley Olive Oil
1 lemon, for serving


Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook the pasta al dente, rinse and set aside. Steam the peas in a microwavable safe bowl, or on the stove top until crisp tender.

In a small bowl, whisk the reserved pasta water with the butter, Parmesan and Olive Oil. In a serving bowl, turn out the pasta and combine gently with the peas and chicken. Toss the sauce with the pasta, making sure to coat everything.

Serve with a squeeze of lemon on each serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment