Monday, March 12, 2018

Oven Baked Glazed Ribs

This was a recipe of opportunity. I just wanted to pick up something quick, but ribs were on sale. I had to wait a couple hours longer for dinner than I had planned, but I think the results were worth it.

You could do this on a grill if you like, but it's still a bit snowy here so I did these in the oven. I also like to triple or quadruple the dry rub recipe. I just like having it around.

Glazed Ribs

4lbs pork ribs
1 tsp Smoked Salt or Szechuan Pepper salt
1 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsp Prime Rub Seasoning
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup BBQ Sauce*

Preheat the oven to 300degrees. Mix together spices and sugar in a bowl until well combined. This is where I make my extras.

Peel off the membrane on the bony side of the ribs if it has it and apply the rub to both sides. Save your extra rub in a jar or bag.

Make a big foil packet for these. Lay them meaty side down inside your packet and crimp the edges and sides together. Back 2 1/2 hours. Meat should be shrinking away from the bones or pretty much falling off them. Remove from oven and let cool a few minutes.

Using kitchen shears, cut the ribs into 2-3 rib portions. Brush with BBQ sauce and place under a broiler for 30 seconds to a minute. Flip and do the same to the other side. Sauce should be bubbly and sticky looking.



*BBQ Sauce: you can use a regular BBQ sauce if you want, but I always mix in a little balsamic just because. For sweet sauces I usually use Fig or Apple. For something more savory, I like Garlic Cilantro or Espresso.

I made my own sauce for this because this was a spur of the moment cooking choice, and besides, it's delicious! I used Mango Balsamic this time, I like the way it goes with the flavors in the Prime Rub.

Balsamic BBQ Sauce
3/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup Mango Balsamic Vinegar
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce




No comments:

Post a Comment