Friday, March 8, 2013

Mushroom and Artichoke Pasta

I have been cooking for my mother lately. She isn't as fond of cooking as I am, and since I see her at work all the time, I get to bring her lunch at least once a week. Now I'm sure that you have realized that I am a big fan of mushrooms by now. And she is a big fan of artichokes, so I decided to combine those too things into a really delicious meal that takes very little time to prepare.

It went over well.

Mushroom and Artichoke Pasta

1 lg onion, sliced thinly
3 tbsp Zesty Onion Olive Oil
1 can of artichoke hearts, drained
1 lb mushrooms, quartered
chopped fresh parsley
2-4 leaves chopped sage
1 pkg penne pasta, cooked
1/2 cup Port Wine

Heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the onion. Saute 5-7 minutes. It should be slightly caramelized by now. Add in the mushrooms and a little salt. Cook for 3-5 minutes then add the wine and artichokes.

Increase the heat to a simmer. Let it cook for another 5 minutes. Add in the parsley and the sage and stir to really pull it through everything. Stir the pasta in and make sure that everything is warmed through.

Serve with really good bread and enjoy!




1 comment: