Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Waffles

This was my first time making waffles. I know, why did I wait so long? I must have been crazy. These were so much fun I made a double batch and froze most of them. This is better breakfast for more than this month alone!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Waffles

2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
4 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup canned pureed pumpkin, not pie filling
1/3 cup Vanilla Olive Oil
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 tsp ginger powder

Whisk all ingredients together and let sit for five minutes. Start warming up your waffle iron.

When it comes to full temperature, pour on some of the mix. How much depends very greatly on the size of your machine. Finding the balance of just enough mix for each waffle and how long to cook it can be tricky. I don't mind slightly lopsided waffles. It just depends on you and your machine. My machine cooks waffles to the perfect crispness in about 5-6 minutes.

If you don't have anyone waiting to eat these up as soon as you get them off the iron, you may want to heat the oven on low and keep your finished waffles in there until you are ready to serve them.

You can serve them with syrup, some balsamic, or just powdered sugar. Have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment