Friday, November 29, 2013

Cranberry Rolls Update

So these rolls were supposed to be fluffy and light. I got thick and dense. What happened?!

I rushed around too much and forgot to put in the applesauce. Completely forgot! And not only that, I forgot to put in the cranberries too. Clearly I think I needed more sleep.

Not to mention that I used a 1/4 cup measuring scoop to measure out the sugar. (except it was actually a 1/3 cup scoop) So they turned out a bunch sweeter than they should have been.

You would think that for all that, they would have turned out terrible. You would be wrong.

Somehow I managed to turn a messed up recipe and turn bad rolls into scones!



So, the new recipe is here.

Sweet Rosemary Scones with Cranberry Butter

1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
4 cup flour
2/3 cup sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp fine salt
3 tbsp fresh minced rosemary
10 tbsp COLD Rosemary Olive Oil
3/4 cup favorite non-dairy milk, unsweetened

Combine the vinegar and the milk together in a small bowl and set aside.

In a large bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients together. Using a fork, cut in the cold olive oil until the dough is a crumbly texture.

Make a well in the center and pour in the milk. Stir until just combined. Flour a surface and turn out the dough. Lightly flour the top and fold the dough over itself 4-5 times. Pat it down to about 1/2 inch thick and cut it into any shape you like. I used a biscuit cutter, but scones can be any shape you want them to be.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Grease a baking sheet and bake for 16-18 minutes.

Cranberry Butter

1/4 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup cranberry sauce
   

Mix the butter together with the cranberry sauce and refrigerate until it hardens.

I used some extra cranberry sauce from my Cranberry Fool. It was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment