Saturday, March 29, 2014

The Colorful Salad

For some reason, I had red cabbage in the fridge. I am at a loss as to why I bought it. But there it sat; a little bag of shredded red cabbage.

I must have had some plan for it, but that plan has gone from my brain long ago it seems. So I needed a new plan. I bought some fresh spinach and an avocado and dug around the pantry to find a can of mandarin orange slices. Pow! Salad.

The Colorful Salad

1 cup sliced red cabbage
3 cups torn fresh spinach
1/4 cup mandarin orange slices (canned)
1/2 avocado, diced
1/4 cup canned white beans, rinsed and drained
2 tbsp Mandarin Orange Balsamic
1 tbsp Blood Orange Olive Oil

The instructions are pretty vague here. It's a salad. Just toss it all together. My white beans were stubbornly sunk to the bottom of the bowl and didn't want their picture taken. I advise a shallow dish to serve this in. The avocados want to slide away too. Don't give any of the ingredients a chance to chicken out. You want them all present when you eat this!


No comments:

Post a Comment