Monday, October 16, 2017

Olive Oil on Ice Cream?

I'll try pretty much anything once. I know all about using Balsamic on ice cream, I have a long history of using it on desserts. I even have a recipe for using Olive Oil IN ice cream, although I haven't gotten around to it yet.

But Olive Oil ON ice cream?

Well, I did say I'd try anything.

We had a customer come in raving about a dessert she'd had at a restaurant and trying to recreate it. Lemon Olive Oil over really good vanilla ice cream. She got the Meyer Lemon Olive Oil, I got a recipe.

I don't blame her, it's really good. The olive oil blends in subtly and you just get pops of fresh flavor as you eat it. Recommended highly!!

Meyer Lemon Olive Oil Ice Cream

1 pint good vanilla ice cream
walnuts
2 tbsp Meyer Lemon Olive Oil

Divide the ice cream into two bowls and let it soften a bit. About 5 minutes.

Top with walnuts and a tablespoon each of the olive oil. It's even better stirred in.

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment