Monday, October 9, 2017

Pork Buns and Mandarin Teriyaki

This is an easy dinner if every there was one. I found these great frozen pork buns in my grocery the other day and had to try them out. I was without a proper sauce though, so I had to make it myself!

Mandarin Orange Teriyaki Sauce

1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
6 tbsp Mandarin Orange Balsamic
1/3 cup Chinese Rice wine
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
     Or 2 tsp garlic ginger paste

Whisk together in a sauce pan and let simmer over medium heat about 10 minutes. Stir frequently. Sauce should have thickened slightly. 

If you want a thicker sauce, whisk in a tsp of cornstarch at the beginning. It doesn't do anything to the flavor, just the texture.

Pour into a bowl and let cool. Keeps for a week in the refrigerator.


No comments:

Post a Comment