Saturday, July 14, 2012

Mom and her Habanero

Now the Citrus Habanero Olive Oil is one oil you won't find used much on this blog. I'll share recipes I find, but I don't use it. I love things slightly spicy, but that one is waaaay too much for me.

But my mom thinks its awesome. She says she it has a great flavor. I'll just have to take her word for it.

Mom's Citrus Habanero Roasted Veggies

You need about 5 cups of chopped vegetables. Carrots, broccoli, squashes, mushrooms, peppers. Even potatoes. Just grab whatever is in season and go with it.

Preheat your oven to 400degrees.

Add veggies to a large casserole dish. Toss with about 1/4 cup Citrus Habanero Olive Oil and spread them out in a single layer.

Season with a little Himalayan Sea Salt and black pepper. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and starting to turn a golden brown.

My mom eats this by the bowlful. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment