Sunday, April 21, 2013

Eat Your Veggies Sauce

I bought some zucchini and a can of asparagus last week for a couple recipes I never made. So I pulled out a bunch of veggies that I had on hand and realized that everything was green.

I sauteed everything up and tasted it, and hey, this would taste great on pasta! Where's my blender!

I love this dish. So springtime. And even if it's not Monday, it's good to eat one meat-less day a week right? Or more than one day. So tasty!

Eat Your Veggies Sauce

1 can pigeon peas
1 large zucchini, rough chopped
1 onion, sliced thinly
1 can asparagus, drained
1 lb pappardelle pasta

Saute the onion with the olive oil over medium heat for about 3 minutes. Add the rest of the veggies and continue to cook until the peas are nice and soft, about 7-9 minutes.

I let this cool for about 10 minutes before putting it in my blender. I used the interval to cook my pasta and drain it. If your blender has a steam vent, make sure it is open. If you have a Vita-mix  I'm jealous; and you probably don't have to worry about any of this. 

Blend the sauce until it is smooth. Add a little extra Olive Oil if it isn't thin enough, but you should be okay.

Serve over the pasta.


No comments:

Post a Comment