Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Lemon Pepper Squash

I got all my ingredients ready for last night. I made sure my grill had enough propane, I found and cleaned my grill basket. I got everything all together...

And as I walked down the stairs to start the grill, it started pouring! And not little rain. Big, crazy, put out the grill type of rain. Strangely enough, the sun was still shining. I changed my plans, made this inside, and before I was finished, so was the rain. What was that?

Moral of the story: Summer rains are weird.

And they mess up my grilling plans! So, here is the stove-top version of this dish. I suggest you grill it. Darn that weather!

Lemon Pepper Squash

1/2- 1 Yellow Squash per serving/person
1 tsp Lemon Pepper Seasonings per serving
1 tbsp Meyer Lemon Olive Oil per serving

Slice your squash thinly. Toss in a bowl with the seasoning and the Olive Oil. Spread evenly over the surface of your grill basket. Or your saute pan. 

The cooking time will depend on your heat source and how much squash you are making. It takes about a minute or 2 on each side if you you want to brown it, 1 minute each side if you are just softening them up.

Serve.

I made this for my dinner, but it would make nice side dish as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment