Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Tropical Chicken Salad

Our In Store Special this month is the Blood Orange Olive Oil and the White Pineapple Balsamic. I thought that I would make something with them to go with that!

This salad is fantastic. I've been enjoying it for a couple days now. And I will definitely make it again!

Tropical Chicken Salad

1 cup cooked, shredded chicken
1 small can mandarin orange slices
1 small can chopped pineapple
1 can water chestnuts
1 pinch powdered ginger
a handful of cashews
chow mein noodles

Drain the fruit and the water chestnuts and toss everything together. If you are not serving it right away, leave the chow mein noodles off. They can get soggy pretty quickly.


If you don't like water chestnuts, I think that chopped celery would be very nice in this as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment