Friday, September 30, 2016

Lazy Pasta

Autumn has come on with a will. Serves me right for saying it was too hot last week. We need the rain anyway.

Usually, when I'm feeling the crush of the day and just need something quick and easy, I make Sesame Noodles. A quick whisked sauce, some cooked pasta, and it's done. This didn't take any more time, and will probably go right into the weekly menu for me. The ingredients are things I usually have on hand and can be played around with a bit. Spinach is my favorite, but I think that an arugula mix would be a nice touch too. 


Lazy Pasta

1lb long pasta
1lb ground meat (I like turkey)
4 cups fresh baby spinach
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
2 tbsp Zesty Onion Olive Oil
2 tsp Toasted Sesame Oil Garlic Ginger
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp Traditional Balsamic
¼ cup Chicken or beef broth

In a large pan with high sides, heat the Zesty Onion Olive Oil to medium high. Cook the ground meat until done and browned on all sides. Add the onions and continue sautéing until they are translucent and beginning to brown.

Turn the heat to medium-low and add the spinach and broth. Meanwhile cook the pasta until al dente, drain and set aside. When the spinach is nicely wilted, add the pasta to the pot and toss well to coat.

Whisk the soy sauce and balsamic together to drizzle over each serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment