Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Cherry Mint Pork Chops

I have so much mint growing in my backyard. Someone planted it years and years ago and it has taken over a whole planting bed and is starting to creep around the side of the house.

When we got the Cherry Balsamic in, I knew just what I wanted to do with it!

Cherry Mint Pork Chops
Serves 4

-1 package thin sliced pork chops
-Basil Olive Oil
-Cherry Balsamic
-Sun-dried Tomatoes
-Mint leaves
-Sundried-Tomato Sea Salt

Heat 3-4 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over low heat. Increase the temperature to medium-high and arrange chops in the skillet. Cook, turning only once about 3 minutes a side. Set aside.

For the sauce:
Chop 6 to 8 tomatoes and place in a food processor. Chop mint and add(I put in a good handful). Start food processor and stream in enough Balsamic to make a thick sauce. I added almost a 1/4 cup.

Scrape sauce into your skillet and cook over low heat until it is hot and bubbly, no more than 5 minutes.

Spoon the sauce over the pork chops and serve with salad.


Dressed with Cherry Balsamic and Basil Olive Oil of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment