Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Chili-Lime Noodles

I have a deep love of Asian cuisine. When I am sick, the only foods I want to eat are lo-mein and wonton soup. I could eat sushi and things every day of the week. 

This habit can get a little expensive. So I am trying to get better at making these kinds of foods.

These are my Chili-Lime Noodles. I got this recipe from Vegetarian Times magazine. But I have adapted it in a few ways. It could also easily work with chicken in place of the tofu. (Even thin cut flank steak would be great with this!)


Chili-Lime Noodles
serves 4

4oz glass noodles- also called cellophane noodles or bean threads


  • 3 Tbs. hoisin sauce
  • 2 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
  • 3 Tbs. lime juice
  • 1 tsp. chile-garlic sauce
  • 2Tbs. toasted sesame oil
  • 18 oz. pkg. plain tofu, diced (or other meats)
  • 1 12 oz. pkg. mushrooms, sliced
  • 1/2lb. baby bok choy, thinly sliced
  • 2 carrots, cut into ribbons
  • 2 1/2Tbs. minced fresh ginger

1. Soak noodles in large bowl of hot water 10 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
2. Whisk together hoisin sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, and chile-
garlic sauce and Lime olive oil.
3. Heat 1 Tbs of sesame oil in skillet over high heat. Add tofu, and stir-fry 4 minutes, or until golden 
on all sides. Add 1/4 cup water, and cook 2 minutes, transfer 
to bowl.
4. Add remaining 1 Tbs. sesame oil to skillet. Add mushrooms and bok choy; stir-fry 2 minutes. Stir in noodles and carrots, and cook 2 minutes. Stir in hoisin mixture, green onions, ginger, and tofu; stir-fry 1 minute. Taste. If desired, add some Chipotle Olive oil to kick up the heat. 

I sprinkled some Thai Ginger sea salt on before I served it. Have fun with it!



No comments:

Post a Comment