Friday, June 29, 2012

Steak with Polenta

So I made a whole bunch of polenta. I have so much left over that I froze about half of the leftovers. Every couple days I grab it and slice off some to go with my dinner.

Today I decided to make steak. I wanted to serve it with some smashed red-skin potatoes, but when I got home I realized I had used the last of them on Monday night.

What to do?

I sliced it up and sent it to the frying pan.


Steak and Polenta 

You need a nice frying pan, some sliced polenta and some steaks. This will serve as many people or as few people as you need it to. This is directions for each serving.

Salt (Himalayan Pink) and Pepper
Steaks
2 Tbsp for each steak, I like Jalapeno, Bacon or Roasted Garlic Olive Oil. I used Portobello and Garlic Olive Oil for this one.


Salt and pepper your steaks liberally. Add 2 Tbsp of olive oil to a frying pan and heat over medium high heat.

Add the steak and cook until desired level of 'done'. This will vary according to how well-done you like your meat. I prefer medium-well, and cooked mine for about five minutes a side.

Keep it warm.

Slice your polenta into thin slices. Add it to the pan and cook until crispy. Also about five minutes.

Serve together and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment