Friday, October 26, 2012

Apple Cake Bars

I promised one of our associates I'd post this tonight. I am also posting a recipe for an easy frosting for these tomorrow. 

These bars disappeared very quickly!


Apple Cake Bars

1 1/4 cup sugar
1 cup Vanilla Olive Oil
3 Eggs
1 3/4 cups All purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
3/4 cup walnut meal*
1 apple, finely diced

Preheat your oven to 350degrees.

In a large bowl, beat sugar, oil and eggs until blended.

Sift together the dry ingredients and stir gently into the sugar mixture. Fold in your apples and stir until just combined.

Lightly grease a 13x9 pan and pour in your cake. Bake for 35-45 mins, or until the center is set and a skewer inserted comes out clean.

*Walnut meal is walnuts ground into almost a flour. You do not have to have it, but I highly recommend it. My favorite place for all things nuts is Nuts.com. If you do not use it, add in 1/2 cup more flour, I'd use a whole wheat or spelt for flavor and texture. And then you can add in chopped walnuts, about 1/2 cup at the same time as the apples.





No comments:

Post a Comment