Saturday, October 20, 2012

Bacon Apples

I was having brunch a few years ago with my friend and her, then, 3 year old son. The waiter had mentioned that they were serving applewood smoked bacon and his eyes got very wide and he declared that he would have the apple bacon because apples were good for you.

It was very hard to convince him after that that bacon was not, in fact, made of apples.

He's 7years old now and I wanted to see if I could make his dreams of bacon apples come true.

Bacon Apples

2 apples, sliced thinly
1/2 cup golden raisins
4 tbsp Bacon Olive Oil
2 tbsp cinnamon sugar
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat the oven to 350degrees.

In a large bowl, toss the apples, raisins and nuts(if you are using them) with the cinnamon sugar and the Olive Oil.

Pour into an oven safe casserole and spread out evenly. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through.



I served this with real bacon and some eggs, but I think next time I'll turn this into a real breakfast casserole. I'll add eggs and hash browns and cheese too.

I'll put an update here when I do that. Never fear.








No comments:

Post a Comment