Sunday, October 14, 2012

Vanilla Mandarin Chicken

I caramelize my onions in large batches. I got the recipe from here. I modified it for olive oil instead of vegetable oil. I usually use a basic olive oil, like the Spanish Blend, but for this batch I used the Vanilla Olive Oil because I really wanted that punch of vanilla. I think it turned out the best and will use the Vanilla from now on. But if you don't caramelize before hand, the recipe takes a little longer, but not much.


Vanilla Mandarin Chicken


1 Onion, sliced thin
1 pkg chicken, chopped
1 small can mandarin orange segments, drained
3 tbsp + 2 tbsp Vanilla Olive Oil
2 tbsp Mandarin Orange Balsamic
Dash of salt

Start with your onions. Heat 2 tbsp Vanilla Olive Oil on medium-low heat. Add the onions and an dash of salt. Cook over medium low heat, stirring every few minutes. To be fully caramelized, it takes about 15 minutes. You can cook them up to half an hour if you want them more caramelized. Set them aside.

Heat 3 tbsp Vanilla Olive Oil in another pan to medium high. Add the chicken and saute about 7-9 minutes. The chicken should be browning and cooked through. Add your onion and orange segments. Stir.

Add the Mandarin Orange Balsamic and toss to coat. Let cook an additional one to two minutes and serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment