Thursday, August 2, 2012

A Different Kind of Pesto Bread

This recipe was inspired by a customer on their second bottle of Bacon Olive Oil. I had to find out what they used it for! So they told me that they made Bacon Pesto. My brain broke. You can make bacon what? Of course I realize that you can make pesto with any kind of olive oil you have, but it only ever seems to be made with basic oils or maybe the Basil or Garlic.

This does not disappoint.

Bacon Pesto

2-6 Tbsp Bacon Olive Oil
2 cups fresh basil
1/4 cup walnuts
1/4 cup grated parmesan

Mix everything in your food processor except the olive oil. Add that slowly until you get a consistency you like. It took me about 3 tbsp.


Now, you can serve it like this over pasta and things. Or that inspiring customer told me they stuff thin chicken breasts with it and bake it. (I will so eventually make that!) Or you can do what I did and toast up some bread!

Bacon Pesto Bread

Sliced bread, any loaf bread works great. I used challah.
2 -3 slices crispy bacon, broken up
Bacon Pesto
Cheese shreds, I used cheddar

Spread the pesto on the bread. Add bacon pieces. Add cheese. Toast in the oven or toaster oven until the cheese is bubbling and the edges of the bread are getting brown.


Serve while hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment