Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Menu

My parents wanted to go out to eat on Christmas day. I said NO WAY!

I love the thought that someone else will clean up all the dishes for me, but I really prefer cooking my own food whenever possible. So I volunteered to cook the whole thing.

What did I get myself into?! I had a few requests for recipe reprisals from Thanksgiving. The stuffing and the cranberry chutney went over particularly well. I am also making the pumpkin pie again, but I am bumping it up with a couple extra desserts too.


The menu is going to run something like this:

Olives with Olive Oils and traditional balsamic
Toasted crostini and mushroom/pepper/eggplant appetizer
Green beans with almonds and Honey Date Balsamic
Mashed potatoes with roasted garlic chunks, porcini mushrooms, caramelized onions,
Stuffing (same from Thanksgiving)
Cranberry Chutney (also the same from Thanksgiving)
Ham w/ glaze (TBD)
Cranberry Tart
Fruity Bundt Cake
Lemon Olive Oil cake
Pumpkin Pie (same from Thanksgiving as well)
Mulled Wine and Brandy with our Mulling Spices

Am I making too much? Or do I need more vegetables? Maybe Lemon Roasted Asparagus?

No comments:

Post a Comment