Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Great cookie swap!

I got my spatula ready and whipped up some cookies for the Blogger Cookie Swap this year. I think these turned out great! I hope my swap partners enjoy them as much as I did! Thank you to Alyssa Brantley of Everyday Maven and Michelle of Amour Beurre for being my swap partners. Your cookies were amazing! Posting pictures of them tomorrow. Thanks to everyone, it was a great swap! 


These cookies are based on a Dutch South African favorite spice cookie called soetkoekies. 

Spiced Wine Cookies

1/2 cup chilled Olive Oil, I used Vanilla
2 cups flour, whole wheat
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup port wine
1 tbsp almond meal or slivered almonds

Cinnamon Pear Frosting
2 cups confectioner's sugar
1/4 cup cinnamon pear balsamic

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease your cookie sheet.
Sift your dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Add olive oil and cut together.
Add the eggs and wine. Mix until the dough starts to come together into a ball. Dough will be sticky.
Roll dough into walnut-sized balls and place on a cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Flatten lightly.
Bake 12-15 minutes. They should be lightly browned. Cool completely before frosting.

To make the frosting:
Stir the balsamic and confectioner's sugar together. It will be very thick and sticky. Frost and allow to set before putting in tins.



No comments:

Post a Comment