Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Bottarga Pate

We got a bunch of pates and spreads for the holiday all imported from Italy. Some of them, like this one seemed to be on the odder side and no one knows what to do with them.

This intrigued me. I brought it home for Christmas dinner and opened it to use with crackers. When I tried it, the anchovy taste really zaps you! But sweeter and more complex than just plain anchovy paste.

I enjoyed a few crackers and didn't think of it again until later. While I was putting it away, I started thinking of all the things that anchovy paste is good for and all the dishes that need a little salty something.

And I'm thinking that this might just become one of my kitchen staples.



Ingredients: Tuna, Anchovies, Eggs of Tuna, Vegetable Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Herbs, Salt


No comments:

Post a Comment