Sunday, January 13, 2013

Jalapeno Tilapia Pouches

I wish that one day I could walk into my kitchen and find everything I need. I don't have a large kitchen or much cabinet space, and as such I tuck things away into small spaces and find them months later. Hopefully, whatever it was hasn't gone bad by then.

Last night, I was walking around my whole apartment looking for my jar of sliced jalapenos.

Not something you expect to lose.

But I did have my bottle of Jalapeno Olive Oil. And that will do.

Jalapeno Tilapia Pouches

Parchment paper
4 Tilapia Fillets
1 tomatillo, diced
1 large red pepper, diced
Himalayan Pink Salt
4 tbsp Jalapeno Olive Oil
Sliced jalapenos, optional

Preheat your oven to 450degrees.

If you have any of these, that is awesome! If not, you get to make your own pouches. I rolled the sides up, put everything inside and then rolled the top down. It worked fine. But if you do a quick search on how to make them, many people have much better ways...that also won't get the tops of the parchment all brown and crispy.

Place the fish inside your pouch, toss the peppers and tomatillos inside as well. If you can find your jar of sliced jalapenos, toss a few of those in too.

Sprinkle 1 tbsp of the Jalapeno Olive Oil over each fillet. Roll your pouch closed and bake for 15 minutes.


I enjoyed this with some salad and white rice. Go Fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment